I liked line printers spewing out stacks and stacks of wide paper with all sorts of indecipherable stuff, esp when you got a core dump when your program bombed. A woman at NASA actually taught me how to read core dumps and figure out what bit of code did the nasty, so I could go back and fix it quickly. I used this newfound skill with various other students when I got back to school, and was a god to them when I did it. It was nothing short of magic. I could read it and sort out the problem in about 30sec after they had taken hours to try to debug their code. Unfortunately it never helped me get, um, female companionship, just respect with the dudes.

--R

Sounds like you did ok after all, RE: the last sentence.