When prices are fluctuating, I try to "dollar cost average."  Rather
than fill the tank, I buy a fixed dollar amount of fuel.  That way I end
up buying more fuel when it's cheaper, and less when it's expensive.

Of course when prices are trending mostly up it makes more sense to fill
up.  Sort of a guessing game.

Allan

--
1983 300D