Friend who lived in Bellingham said electricity out there was dirt cheap. Seems like rechargeable hybrids could be a wise choice in cars in that area.
Gerry

All that Alaska crude is not headed to the west coast, but to Asia. What does make it to PNW becomes the most expensive fuel in the lower 48. Only Alaska and Hawaii have more expensive fuel. The stuff that hits our refinery is loaded back on the boat and goes right up to AK. Where it came from.
clay