I spotted this one on the local Craigslist just a few miles from me. The car is
all there, it’s been parked for 5 years, but ran before he lost the key. He got
the VIN coded key, but somebody changed the iggie at some point so the key
doesn’t work. He disassembled it enough to know that he couldn’t fix it
himself. Are these cars like the W123/126 in the way of ignition lock removal?
Is it possible to hook a battery up and start it without the key using just the
start pull lever?  If this one’s worth buying, how much should I expect to pay
for having it fixed if it’s not a DIIY job?
Kevin in Hillsboro, Oregon