I pour in GE OTR 8932Q (have enough to treat 4,000  gallons and to treat a
whole tank full is about 12 cents) and don't  worry about it. BUT I am
interested in how it works.
  PROMISE, I will NOT worry about it. Actually, I worried so little that  I
didn't put any additive in at all when we went to -4 F. It was fine.  I was
having too much fun with 1 foot of snow and the 1971 Case 222  Hydrive
Snowcaster to worry! :-)

  Chris

LT Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Just pour in P.S. (WalMart) Diesel Fuel
Supplement and don't worry about it.

:-)

On 12/11/05, Christopher McCann  wrote:

> [...]
> bottom where it nicely gets  sucked up by your fuel line. It seems that you
> would only want to  SEQUESTER if you have a water separator down the
> line...but if you have  a water separator down the line, what's the point of
> sequestering?
>
>   A DISPERSANT disperses water...as in breaks it up into the fuel,
> I  think, right? In the summer, this is fine, it gets burned off in
> teeeny  amounts dispersed through the fuel. But in the winter, these
> little  water droplets can freeze and accumulate in the fuel filter,
> plugging  it. (I think the OM603 has a heater b4 the filter that would melt
> those  little ice balls and put you back to the "summer burn off scenario"
>
>   Am I understanding this correctly?
>
>   Thanks,
>
>   Chris
>
> Curt Raymond  wrote:For  what its worth I use Power
> Service Diesel Kleen, thats the grey bottle  at WalMart. I've had much less
> success using Diesel Supliment which is  the white bottle and I've never
> used the red bottle Diesel Emergency or  whatever it is.
>   In real cold weather where its below freezing all the time I use
> about  4oz of Diesel Kleen at every fillup. In New England temps vary
> WILDLY  so it might be 40F in the day time and 10F at night. Marshall
> says  water will condense into the tank any time temp drops 20 degrees
> so  Diesel Kleen gives me some water sequestering. It also raises
> the  cetane which makes cold starting easier.
> I noticed that Diesel  Kleen smells alot like Diesel Purge so I tried
> using it in larger  concentrations occasionally (like once every three
> months) to see if it  would mask Hammies failing injector(s) and it does.
> When the idle gets  bad I run him down to about 1/4 tank of fuel and put in
> a whole bottle  of Diesel Kleen (enough for 50 gallons), drive 30-40 miles
> and fill up.  Loping idle and hard starting disappears. I know its masking
> the  problem but its cheap...
>
>   -Curt
>
>   Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 20:14:14 -0600
> From: "Kaleb C. Striplin"
> Subject: [MBZ] fuel additive
>
> This is a question marshall can probably answer.  Whats the additive of
> choice these days?  When should it be used?  How about that power
> service stuff they have at walmart?  Every tank durring the winter or
> only when its expected to drop below a certain point?
> --
> Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
>   89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,
>   84 250 LWB, 83 300TD, 81 300TD, 81 240D, 81 240D,
>   76 450SEL, 76 240D, 76 300D, 74 240D, 69 250
> Okie Benz Auto parts-email for used parts

> Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
> -2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
> -1987 300TD, 150K, "Rotkäppchen"
> -1985 300SD, 210K, "Wulf"
> -1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
> -1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
> -1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

1977 240D
1972 Honda CB-500K motorcycle

http://www.airamericaradio.com/listen

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 150K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 210K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

Yahoo! Shopping