In principle, it would be nice to meet up as soon  as possible. At the same
time, we want to keep backtracking to a  minimum. Bob will be heading straight
north...don't know if anyone west  of Bob plans on coming.

  I've got two ideas:

  1. Sumas, WA (north of Seattle): Here is the link for the route from Sumas to
Deadhorse:

http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/directions/dirGetDirections.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1556161185.1134415227@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccaddghfdejljcefecggfdffhdgif.0&cmty=0

  2. Sweet Grass, MT: this would have Easterners bypassing the Rockies
entirely and hwy 15 is a straight shot for Bob. According to my map,  these
first roads through Canada are not as scenic as the above route:

http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/directions/dirGetDirections.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1556161185.1134415227@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccaddghfdejljcefecggfdffhdgif.0&cmty=0

  Both of these towns are right on the border. Both work fine. Perhaps  there
are other ideas of where we might rendezvous sooner in the US.

  Of course, if two cars are coming from, say, Missouri, those two would
caravan together to the main rendezvous point, etc.

  If there are Canadians wanting to come, we need a Canada rendezvous point too.

  Thoughts, suggestions, feedback, better ideas?

  Thanks,

  Chris

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 150K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 210K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

Yahoo! Shopping
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Dec 12 19:46:15 2005