Scott wrote:
> As a thought experiment, how much of that fixed cost is created by
> government regulation, monopoly, and contingent liability?

...and...
> Grant wrote:
> We have a "health care crisis" alright... Big Pharm is breaking it off in
> our sphincter at every turn.... wonder how they pay for all those lobbyist?

And that is the crux of the matter, calling this free market is a
misnomer.  Pay enuf for lobbyist and you get to be written in to
national legislation.  What is next?  Yeah, everyone needs a car, so
the new legislation will fine you for not having a car.  This whole
thing is soooo perverse it is quite disturbing that all people can
think about is how they look forward to being duped in to insco.  We
are now in the age of the Insurance Industrial Complex, like the
Military Industrial Complex, etc.
This boat does not have life rafts anymore and everyone goes down - we
have all been "educated" in their systems and have freely subjugated
ourselves to all their systems so we too can get benefits, aka welfare
recipients... for service, maybe...
We are frakced!!
mao