I've stuffed/concealed 4 small packages (in ziplock sandwich bags) of lead tire
weights, total of about 5 pounds, into the structural cavity at rear of
aluminum replacement trunk lid to counteract violent, and dangerous, lifting
force of the springs meant to lift/balance original, heavier, steel lid.
This'll work OK 'til ambient temps cool some in coupla months; then I plan to
remove the lid, sand it down again, at least, into the original factory paint,
paint it again and try to do something else about the too-robust lifting
springs.

Wilton