On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 20:19:01 -0500 "Kaleb C. Striplin"
<ka...@striplin.net> wrote:

> I see the problem here, it sounds like everybody doing the hiring is
> praying about it. Not to offend anybody but I don't do any praying when
> I am hiring people.

I personally believe asking for divine guidance through prayer is an
appropriate thing for Christians to do. Since that's the kind of
institution to which I have applied, I would expect those there to be
praying about making the correct decision. I know I certainly am.

Sometimes, I'm not pleased with the decision, but, being the
Augustinian/Calvinist I am and believing in Divine Providence, I am
confident that the process and result has been superintended by Someone
with a much better picture of things than I have.

Whether you pray or not is a matter between you and your Creator. I can
say, though, that being in a good relationship with Him is better than
the alternative.

Craig