I am going to be putting my BMW up for sale this week because I am traveling
this weekend to pick up my new to me car.   So, here's the info on the BMW.

2000 BMW 740iL Black exterior/ grey interior.  VERY nice shape.   The "L" model
indicates it is the long version just like the Mercedes L models.  It has every
option (or nearly every option) available in 2000 including Navigation, premium
sound, EDC (electronic damping control) as well as the DTC (dynamic stability
and traction control).  It also has one very interesting special order option.
It has the security glass windows (very thick) and the STEEL sunroof rather
than the glass sunroof.  The paint is in excellent shape and the interior is
also VERY CLEAN.  All the options work.  It has a cassette and 6 disc CD
changer in the trunk.

The car had about 160,000 miles when I bought it.  It now has 192,000 miles.
So, I have driven it 32,000 in one year!  It has been perfect.  BMW requires
synthetic oil and the previous owner had ALL of his maintenance work done at
the BMW dealer in St. Louis.  In fact, at 160,000 miles he did ALL of the
recommended maintenance items and spent nearly $4000 getting everything
flushed, filled, adjusted, replaced, inspected, etc.  I spoke to the Service
Manager when I bought the car and he said the previous owner was a fanatic
about maintenance.  This was the previous owner's 3rd 7 series and he traded it
on a new BMW 7 Series active Hybrid. The Michelin tires on it are fairly new
and have lots of tread.  The cooling system has only had the BMW approved
"blue" coolant.  I have had it serviced at my local Indy who specializes in MB
and BMW.  I will be parking it at his lot if it doesn't sell this week.

I get 25 mpg on trips when I keep the cruise at less than 80.  Over 30,000
miles of driving, I have average 18-19 mpg combined.  It will cruise all day
long at 100 mph.  The front and rear suspension were all rebuilt already and it
drives like one of the best driving cars in the world - as a 7 series should.
I will be taking pictures later today and can send them to anyone interested.

In 1998, the 7 series received a facelift as well as getting lots of standard
features that were previously options.  It also has the newer 4.4L engine that
produces approx. 300 HP.  It is a big improvement over the 4.0L engines in the
previous models.

2001 was the last year for the E38 Chassis and the 2000 and 2001 are the most
highly sought after.   You can probably find a cheaper 7 series, but not one in
this shape with this maintenance.

Donald H. Snook