Tanya,

Here's some information on my car if you know anyone you work with that might
be interested.

2000 BMW 740iL Black exterior/ grey interior.  VERY nice shape.   The "L" model
indicates it is the "long" version with 6 extra inches of leg room for the rear
passengers. It has every option including Navigation, power window shades,
premium sound, EDC (electronic damping control) as well as the DTC (dynamic
stability and traction control).  It also has one very interesting special
order option.  It has the security glass windows (very thick) and the STEEL
sunroof rather than the glass sunroof.  The paint is in excellent shape and the
interior is also VERY CLEAN.  All the options work.  It has a cassette and 6
disc CD changer in the trunk.  It also has the newer 4.4L engine that produces
approx. 300 HP.  It is a big improvement over the 4.0L engines in the previous
models.

The car had about 160,000 miles when I bought it.  It now has 192,000 miles.
So, I have driven it 32,000 in one year!  It has been perfect.  BMW requires
synthetic oil and the previous owner had ALL of his maintenance work done at
the BMW dealer in St. Louis.  In fact, at 160,000 miles he did ALL of the
recommended maintenance items and spent nearly $4000 getting everything
flushed, filled, adjusted, replaced, inspected, etc.  I spoke to the Service
Manager when I bought the car and he said the previous owner was a fanatic
about maintenance.  This was the previous owner's 3rd 7 series and he traded it
on a new BMW 7 Series active Hybrid. The Michelin tires on it are fairly new
and have lots of tread.  The cooling system has only had the BMW approved
"blue" coolant.  I have had it serviced at my local Indy who specializes in MB
and BMW.  I will be parking it at his lot if it doesn't sell this week.

I get 25 mpg on trips when I keep the cruise at less than 80.  Over 30,000
miles of driving, I have average 18-19 mpg combined.  It will cruise all day
long at 100 mph.  The front and rear suspension were all rebuilt already and it
drives like one of the best driving cars in the world - as a 7 series should.

2001 was the last year for the E38 Chassis and the 2000 and 2001 are the most
highly sought after.   You can probably find a cheaper 7 series, but not one in
this shape with this maintenance.   I checked the various sources for prices on
this car.   Edmunds shows $6241, $6675 NADA, and KBB $7222 retail and $5800
private party.

Price is $5800.  It really is a nice car, with no problems and nearly 13 years
of very particular maintenance and care.

Donald H. Snook
McDonald, Tinker, Skaer, Quinn & Herrington, P.A.
300 West Douglas
P.O. Box 207
Wichita, Kansas 67201 0207
Tel. (316) 263-5851
This confidential message may be subject to the attorney-client privilege or
protected by the attorney work-product doctrine. If you have received this
message in error, please delete it and notify me.

http://www.mtsqh.com/