Seafood and pineapples are plentiful.  Everything else is imported and
expensive.

I've been there once, but mostly did the tourist things.  Not sure I got
a sense of what "local life" would be like.  Some people who try to live
there do get uneasy about being so physically isolated from the rest of
the world.

Allan

Dan Penoff <lwb...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Beats me.
>
>>From those I have talked to, it seems to sort of parallel Alaska in that
>>those who go there either love it and stay indefinitely, or they hate it and
>>are gone within a year.
>
> Housing costs are pretty outrageous, or so I have heard.
>
> Dan
>
> On Aug 9, 2012, at 10:15 AM, Craig <diese...@pisquared.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 08:34:52 -0400 Dan Penoff <lwb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hawaii is the largest consumer of Spam, I believe.
>>
>> I found some jobs in Hawaii with the Keck Telescope Institute on the big
>> island.
>>
>> What is it like living and working there?
>>
>> I realize it could be very expensive and if we would want to move back to
>> the Mainland, the large tab would likely be on us.
>>

>> Craig

1983 300D
1979 300SD