> ...You had me worried about the timing belt needing replacement at 50,000
> on my car.  It has 49,000 miles.  BUT, I checked and the service interval
> on the 2003 is actually 90,000 miles.   I have driven the car and it pretty
> nice and comfortable.  It's a little boring and sedate, but it will be
> very reliable and after a year of driving it, I can make good money.
> There is one annoying feature that I don't like that is supposed to be an
> option.  The steering wheel is the wood and leather combination.  Well, the
> car has so little wear on it that the wood portion of the wheel is very
> glossy and smooth.  In fact, the wood is so hard and shiny that it is weird
> to hold the steering wheel on the portions where it is wood.  It makes me
> think it would be too slippery.  But, luckily the wood is not on the part of
> the wheel that you are supposed to hold...

I'm sure you will get used to the wood trimmed wheel in short order. My
C300's original wheel was leather matched to the rest of the interior but since
I had a Performance Products wood trimmed wheel in my C320 I wanted one for
the new car. I found a supplier in Munich that sells one identical to the
OE wood/leather wheel (in black only from MB) to match my beige interior. The
slick wood surface (top and bottom sections) took a brief period to get
used to but I like it now and there is something about the feel of it that is
pleasurable.

RLE