On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Gerry Archer <arche...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
> I once heard something about after market unauthorized conversions so Prius'
> could be plugged in, but haven't heard anything about them for a long time.

There were a couple that exploded.

There are shops in various places (one of them is in Raleigh) that
does aftermarket conversions.  They are expensive, the batteries are
killer.

> Is Toyota coming out with a plug-in?

Rumor has said yes for a few years now, but... YMMV. :)

Realistically I think the Volt model is better conceptually than a
full hybrid+plugin, and the Leaf even better if you don't need to
travel far.

Best,
-Tim