From: Max Dillon [mailto:meadedil...@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:22 PM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Cc: 'Mike Esh'
Subject: RE: [MBZ] 1984 300D fuel injector operation

Mike,

Here's a Word document with a picture from the EPC showing the low pressure
line connections at the injection pump to the fuel filter holder and the
injectors.

Basically from the tank you have two lines, supply runs through the in-line
filter to the lift pump attached to side of injection pump (where the manual
pump is mounted as well).  Return line is connected to the "cigar" hose
which is number 206 in the attached diagram.  If you have the supply and
return line reversed, as long as you've got more than a quarter tank or so,
the car will run.

Hope this helps.

Max