> ...How can you give Phillip a hard time for mentioning that diesel is
> inherently safer than gas and then bring up some random van? Besides which if
> your contention originally is that rear facing seats are somehow dangerous
> by design how does someone dying in a van with FRONT facing seats help your
> cause?..

You are losing track, here. MY original contention was that sitting in the
distant end of the car, made worse by rear facing seats, was that escape was
unlikely when the rear is crushed inwards. The mention of the crushed Ford
van fire illustrated the likely body damage in case of a crash with any
speed involved.

His diesel VS gas argument was a later attempt to claim that no fire was
likely. I disagreed.

Whenever I have been confronted with a hotel airport shuttle van, I never
sit in the last row.

RLE