In '67, we SAC B-52 alert crewmen did very quick "wax/polish" of several drab Air Force blue alert vehicles ( 4-door crew cab pickups) with mixture of Diesel fuel and water.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] To ejamacat woger WAS:Ages

Darn! Wish I'd known that back then when I drove a '35 Chevy. The only thing I remember using kerosene for was "car polish" when mixed with motor oil. If those of us who had the use of a car had a Saturday night date, we would often go over the car with that mixture which made it nice and shiny. But if we took our date down the dusty dirt road to lovers lane, the car was an awful looking sight by the time we got back.
Gerry

From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
Oh, yes, we also grew a big "Victory" garden.
For fuel in the '37 Ford, we used 5 gallons of gasoline "stretched" with about a gallon and a half of kerosene. 'Didn't remember the ratio, so I just called my brother who was the family driver at that time to remind me.
We went down the road laying a thin smoke screen behind us.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>