I've done some interviewing and usually throw in an oddball question.

My favorite one for years was "If you were a Smurf what Smurf would you be?"

-Curt

Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:56:14 -0600
From: Craig <diese...@pisquared.net>
To: mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] My Keck Interview

Well, I finished the interview, which lasted almost an hour.

It was difficult, with questions I did not expect and without questions I
did expect. Since it was to be a technical interview, I expected
technical questions. There weren't any of those. The questions I got
related to how I worked in a large team, which I have not really done.

One question was if I had been in a situation where different members of
the team came up with very different solutions to a problem and how we
worked out a single, final solution. Since the teams I have worked on
have been small, with one person doing the entire project or with each
team member working on different aspects of the project, I had to think
quite a lot about how to answer that question.

When it came my turn to ask questions, I went down the list I had
prepared. Some of them were difficult for the group in Hawaii to answer.
I didn't finish all my questions before it was time to close the
conversation.

The parting question I got was, "Do you know any good jokes?" I drew a
blank. After a short period of silence, the fellow said, "Well, I don't
know any either."

I'm not sure what to think of all of this.

The HR person said they would be moving on to the next step of candidate
selection and to keep my fingers crossed that they would be calling me.

I was rather drained after the interview. It's good to know that the Lord
is in charge.

Thank you for your prayers, concern and support.

Craig