I have been away for a few weeks helping my sister deal with being left by the
father of her children.  Las time I drove Frosch was the Seattle Show and
shine, then under the car cover she went.

Pulled the car out from her cocoon and went to the Caffeine and Gasoline Griots
host each first Saturday of the month.  Early morning gathering of roughly like
minded folks with cars in various conditions of spiffiness.  Some are rare and
pretty cool, others are rat rods or garage queens and some are just a varied
iteration of the same model.  Either way, it is a nice start to the weekend to
get some java and a sweet treat then wander the parking area admiring cars.
September was going to host Italian iron later in the morning, so a few red
cars were there.  Rolls Royce had new models from their stable on show.  Ugly
cars now.

I enjoyed chatting with a few folks and seeing the cars while sipping italian
coffee.  Not the usual service of java, but the donuts were the same.  Really
like the Fiat Topolino much more than the red go fast cars.

Drive down was uneventful.  About 30 miles from my house to the headquarters.
By 10am it had warmed up, but not enough to go top down.  Time to leave the
spaces for the incoming stallions, and such.  Driving back home I was just
amazed at how smooth and dreamy this car was on the highway at speed.  I really
like her.  Not all rough and stumbly the way Gump was.  I loved Gump, she was
simple and practical, but not smooth.  Frosch is like silk.  Smooth heavy
whipping cream drizzled on peaches freshly picked and cut in a bowl.  Warm and
soft as a baby's tummy waiting for a raspberry by grandpa.

So, I skipped going right home and went to a Home Despot for garden supplies a
few miles north so I could extend my peaceful wheel time.

Yesterday I used the ROB and the new to me Griots carnuba wax on Frosch.  I had
done a good enough job with the FLAPS stuff earlier in August, but want to get
her ready for winter storage with a stout coat of protection.  I used the stick
wax.  Sort of like the rub on deoderant stick that you wipe onto the buffer pad
in sparing amounts.  It went on easily and buffed out to a great shine.  I took
advantage of the morning clouds so that it would be cooler and instructions
said to not use on hot car or in full sun.  Once finished, I washed SWMBA car.
It was still encrusted with the carcasses of plethora of insects Montana has to
offer this time of year.

I went back inside to finish the sunday paper and make a light lunch.   Changed
out the laundry.    Looked out the window and she was beckoning me to take her
out.  So I did.  We hit the road and ended up at a small town ice cream shop
for a fresh blueberry shake.  Took the back roads all the way home.  Three
hours of just marveling at how comfortable and smooth, sensuous the feel of
driving her was.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1972 220D - Gump - She is green, simple and ran
1995 E300D - Cleo - Used by the Queen of Denial
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers