Thank you Curt, Dwight, Fred, et al for all the food and set-up. That was a
great time! Looking forward to next year!

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 8, 2012, at 7:44 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

The ChowdaQ celebrates all things oxidized. One year an award was given for the
worst jalopy of the group and I must say the winner was most deserving. If I
remember correctly that was the day that car used/leaked a gallon of oil on the
way to the Q and a gallon on the way home.

Had we done that today I like to think I'd have been in the running. On the way
to the Q my '78 240D developed a coolant leak. It needed around a gallon of
coolant for the round trip. Tomorrow if it quits raining I'll  spend some time
figuring out where the coolant is going. I think its a leaking radiator,
running with the cap loose worked to slow the leak as long as I kept the speed
moderate.

-Curt

From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Preppin for the Q

I'm surprised New Englanders have let California get so far ahead of them in
the celebration of rusty vehicles.
For example, Pacifica California has yearly Fog Festivals and the top prize
is awarded to the "Most Rusted Vehicle".  A judge at one of the Fog
Festivals had this to say about the winners:
"The impressive deterioration of the trunk sealed the second place victory
for the '79 Malibu, but the pickup truck was the winner."  "It was so nice
and rusty and full of holes, you could see right through it".
Gerry

From: "Dimitri Seretakis" <dsereta...@yahoo.com>
You're in luck. I always take step by step photos of all my rust
repairs:)