After cleaning and lubricating with conductive grease every electrical
connection I could find under the hood of my '85 300TD, I thought I must've
done something right as the tach was working fine but the AC compressor
wouldn't turn on unless I used a jumper wire between the female pins of the
Klima relay so I thought the Klima must be OK since the tach was working.  Fat
chance; the tach stopped working after ~ 10-15 min. of driving this AM but
don't know if the AC was working early as it was only 49F when I went to the
tennis club and the tach was still not working when I returned home ~ 2 H
later.  I guess I'm gonna' have to bite the bullet and order a Klima relay . .
. I hope this cures the problem(s).

G. M. Brown
Brevard, NC