Sounds like you guys need some new tires or cleaner wheels or something.

Unless I've got a slow leak my tires hold their pressure other than a couple
lbs difference summer to winter.  In other words, I set the tire pressure in
the summer ones when I put them on at around 60-70 degrees and that's good
until about winter when I put the winter tires on at around 20-30 degrees.
And that's fine until spring.

At least here in upstate NY where the temps average around there.  I'm
certainly not going to run out and change my tire pressure pressure when it
gets down to 5 degrees at night, then reduce them again for the ride home
when it's 20 or 30 degrees...
Of course I lived for a couple years in WAY upstate NY where the temps are
similar except the winter ones can hit 20 below frequently and 40 below a
couple times.  At that point I was NOT going to go out and change the
pressures again...

But suffice to say the tires don't leak normally.  I.e. if I fill them to
32lbs in the spring, come fall that's where they're at at the same temp.  By
the NEXT spring, they might be down a couple lbs, but not much.

If you're checking them every week or so and the pressures are actually
changing much I think you've got leaks...

There's also cheap valve stem caps that change color when you start getting
low on air that would be a good bet to save the effort as well.

Heck, I'm not against using nitrogen, but it's an extra cost, and even if
it's not supposed to leak as much as regular air, how am I going to KNOW
that other than checking it at which point I'm letting some out that will
need to be replaced...