One summer I worked in Virginia, found a room in a house with one guy who owned it, and one other room was vacant at the time. The owner, a fairly young guy, was a realtor. He was out evenings until whenever, then his brother and various other people would come over to the house to have a few pops and .... other things before going out to a private club where they would party until 2 or 3 or whenever. I had to get up at like 6AM so usually by 10-10:30 I was trying to get some sleep, usually slept with my aircraft lineman "noise foes" on to get any sleep.. I have seared, seared into my mind, Dr. John singing "I was in the right place but it must have been the wrong time..." as that was usually the last album they would put on the stereo, then forget to turn it off when they left, so that it just kept playing over and over and over....

I still like the song lo these many years later, but I sometimes wonder if snoring or that song is worse to listen to all night long.

--R