I got this and wonder if anybody local enough wants to try his luck on a possible cheap car

 Hi Biofuel Folks,
Saw this diesel car coming up for auction on Saturday. If you're not
prepared with a mechanic and money to buy/fix it I would not even go:

Lincoln Towing 12/17/05 Auction in N. Seattle 9am

MERCEDES 1981 240D WA323A233236069?? (bad vin)

more info-
http://www.roadoneseattle.com

Notes Based on my Experience:
the owner may pay the fines and take the car back before auction
dress warm, take cash
go early and really look it over, it won't be running but check oil, body,
etc
car should sell for under wholesale [$800 ?]
have a plan to get the car out of the yard quick (start it and drive or
arrange a tow)
you might have to have a key made but there is a guy in a van who does it
if you're the high bidder it's yours and you have to pay and take it
within the rules
auction will charge fees and wa registration tax
krispy kreme is nearby :)