Folks

last nite i drove the reassembled 300td from athens to tybee island, about 240 miles.

The trip was uneventful till about 1/2 mile out of downtown savannah, on I-16 my RR tire let me down. It had about 80% tread, but was probably an older one. The tire had two punctures a couple of months ago and i had them repaired inside the tire.

Anyway, since there was no traffic, i changed the tire on the side of a bridge in about 10min

The inner sidewall had a slit from rim to the edge of the tire

Other than that, the trip was uneventful and my repaired oil cooler lines didn't leak a drop

thanks,

xx rick
Rick Hawkins