Well if it's good enough for a plane it should be good enough for a car! Did
you do inverted flight and aerobatics??!!

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 25, 2012, at 7:47 PM, Jon Agne <jonag...@gwi.net> wrote:

Dry sump means there is no oil pooling in the bottom of the engine...no oil
pan.  There is a separate oil tank with a pickup tube to supply all of the oil
to engine under pressure.  It's not a bad system.  I have hundreds of flight
hours with a Continental O-470 that was dry sump.  It made inverted flight and
aerobatics a breeze for the engine.