'Some pain at times getting a needle into a suitable vein in arm, but most often nearly painless. 'Had catheter in jugular vein a year or so for the treatments about 10 years ago 'til vein got blocked. Sitting still so long for the infusion used to be the worst part; Duke would start at ~40cc/hr, increase in small increments every 30 min. or so, etc. - take all day, regardless of my urging to increase rate. Started treatments at local hosp. every 2 1/2 weeks 6 years ago; 'kept telling nurses to "crank it up." Been getting it for several years starting at 240cc/hr for ~15 min, increasing to 480cc/hr for ~15 min, then 600cc/hr for remainder. Nurses accuse me of wanting to just drink it - yeah, if that'd work.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig" <diese...@pisquared.net>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Anybody there?

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 20:37:31 -0400 "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

IVIG went very well; 'left home 0655; 'arrived at infusion clinic at
0700; 'started infusion at 0810; 'drove out of parking lot at 0950;
'home at 0955. Received 800cc Gammagard IVIG, 10% solution.

Sounds rather painless, though I'm sure there was some of that involved.

Years ago, I got several treatments at Duke Hosp, Durham; typically
'left home at 0730; arrived Duke 0915; nurse made "cattle call" down
crowded waiting hall, "Mr. Strickland!" at 1045; 'started treatment at
1145; finished treatment at 2045+; arrived home 2300+.

The current schedule sounds much more civilized!

Craig