I concur at the remove everything then add one by one and would offer this. Memory, CPU, or MOBO all generally issue beep codes when in failure mode, power supplies don't (if the right section of the power fails, i.e. not the fan/hd side). My bet is on a power supply, especially if you have had any weather that could produce a spike in voltage. Try unplugging the power supply, memory, and all cabled connectors on the MOBO, and plug them back in. I've seen this wake a dead machine more than two hands of counting worth.

Luther   KB5QHU
Forest Park, IL
1998 ML320 157,xxx