Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 19:05:52 -0600
From: Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] 107 trans

#1 daughter called and said she had been out driving earlier this
afternoon, came home, and left again.  When she turned onto the major
highway, the car would not shift out of low.  She tried turning the
car off and restarting.  The fluid was between the min and max marks.
Fluid and filter were changed a year ago.

1985 380SL

Neutral (Park) safety switch is getting flakey, but works after the
shifter is run down and back.

Kinda sounds like the 124 elring filter collapse.  But I never heard
of that in a 107, or anything but a 124.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

total vacuum failure (unhooked hose to modulator) should result in
very harsh and high RPM shifts.