Well then, that would mean the federal tax bookkeeping would have to be
finally balanced, wouldn't it. So, how many billions in tax dollars paid by
the states seceding were actually spend in those states and how many
billions were spent elsewhere.... if you get your wish... I expect the
Federal Government would be the one having to "pay back" the "New Sovereign
Country"... Worth a thinking it all the way through, isn't it?

Snowballs in hell are likely longer lived that the success of petitions to
secede, however, we still have the 1st Amendment, and citizens can and do
speak, whether or not we agree with them.

Respectfully,
Grant...