Cannot recall when they started here but all new cars for many years have had the daytime running lights.

A friend got ticketed because they had stopped working on his late model Escalade. He was not happy to say the least.

Randy

On 20/11/2012 4:28 PM, WILTON wrote:
Not required in NC. Some cars have 'em, of course, but my 22-year-old and 26 year-old MB's don't.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 license light problem

On 20/11/2012 12:12 PM, Dieselhead wrote:
SWMBO got pulled over for no license plate lights on the 87 300D. Bulbs are good. 0 volts between the contacts. Fuses good. ~12 volts from the "hot" license plate light terminal to the body inside the trunk (but not the lid.)

So it appears there is a fault in the circuit to ground. Anyone BTDT? It looks like I can strip the wiring up by the left speaker and ground it to the body there without disrupting a lot. Is there a better place under the mats to check for ground? The car is not rusty. TX car.

Do you folks south of the border have day time running lights yet?

The gendarmes have been pulling folks over here if the day time running lights are out. A $300 ticket. Not really something that one would think to check on regularly.

Randy