Im sure anything can happen. As I said, i have never had a damaged door, fender etc shipping bare. I have had people bitch about it but then when asked they said there was no damage. Why bitch then?

Rick Knoble wrote:

Or you can do it the way the pros do it and just slap a label on it.
Bumpers, hoods, doors, fenders, wheels etc are all shipped bare by me.
That is the best way to do it.  You will have to use fedex though as I
dont think UPS will do it.  I have tried bubble wrap, boxing them etc
and they get damaged more often than not that way.  That is because the
fedex dudes just throw them around.  If they are bare they take more car
handling them because they know what they are handling.  Its also WAY
more expensive with all the extra package material.

UPS ships stuff bare also. I bought something (a water tank) off of eBay and
the guy said "local pick up only" I sent him a shipping label, he slapped it
on the tank, the UPS guy picked it up and it got here a couple days later.
Whatever you ship MAY take a beating, so if it is a one of a kind priceless
item, ship it some other way. I work for UPS. I know what happens to stuff.

Rick Knoble
1985 300 CD