I pretty much guessed that the reason why there are fewer video cameras advertised in the flyers lately is that the basic digital cameras are able to do something about as good.
My wife has a decent Fuji camera that will do reasonable video.

However, I sort of want to get a dedicated one anyway. Call me old fashioned maybe.

Randy

On 06/12/2012 2:29 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
Pretty much anything will do the job today. For short videos even a still
camera will get you there, its biggest problem will be the amount (duration)
you can record.

One tip is to ignore digital zoom ratings, digital zoom always sucks.

-Curt

Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 13:38:55 -0600
From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] OT video cameras

Anyone out there with expertise or at least recent experience?

We have had 2 Canon video cameras over the years. The first died, was
repaired and died again.
The second still works but is the old tape style and certainly not HD.

Prices are much much less than we paid for either of the earlier ones.

I have been thinking I might like to get a new one.

Any suggestions. Don't want to spend a fortune but will more $ get me a
better camera or just bells and whistles?

Randy