its H8 I believe.

On 12/8/2012 10:26 AM, Gerry Archer wrote:
Many thanks to all who offered suggestions on batteries. Drove my 240D to Advance Auto thinking it had the two year old Advance battery. I was wrong; it had a 7 year old Autozone battery. Still planned to buy an Advance battery since it was the cheapest with the rebate, but found that I would have to go home, order and pay for the battery by email, and then go back and get the battery. Since I wasn't sure how many starts were left in the dragging battery, I went on to Walmart and got one. (Sams club is about 30 miles further.) Total cost was $117.xx. It was the same size as a group 49 battery but had a different number. The receipt is in the car and I'll look up the group designation if anyone wants to know.

Gerry

From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
I bought a battery from Advance Auto about 2 years ago. I opened the cells at home and found one cell with no visible electrolyte. The amount of distilled water it took to fill it up would make it seem that the acid had been added but not the water. Advance Auto would not give me a different battery when I took it back the same day. They said that they never open the cells and that I should not have opened the cells. The starter has been dragging for the past couple of days, so I'm going down to Autozone and get it tested today. I've had good luck with Autozone on batteries.
Gerry

From: "Max Dillon" <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
Any recommendations for a maker of good batteries these days? Looks like the Auto Zone Gold battery in my wife's Infiniti has died, just over three years old, only about 22k miles.

Max Dillon
Charleston SC
'95 E300
'87 300TD