'Nother ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:39 PM
Subject: [MBZ] OT: Tonight's big repair

The garbage disposal has been getting temperamental lately, not wanting to turn off, so tonight I took a look online to see if there were any words of wisdom on the internets.

Turns out theres a switch on the side of the unit which is actuated by a rod which is in turn pushed by the drainplug. Its apparently quite common for the rod to get gummed up and stick the unit on. Insinkerator says to buy a new disposal. Instead I removed one screw and one circlip, put some marvel mystery oil on the rod, worked it back and forth a few times and reassembled. The worst part was getting the circlip on.

Total cost: zip
Total time: 15 minutes.

Wish they were all that easy.

-Curt