I get the feeling a lot of us on this list appreciate quality products even if
they cost more but last longer. Why else would so many hang on to 10 or 20 year
old Mercedes.  I wear dress shoes everyday and have finally discovered that
more expensive shoes are worth it. But, with leather soles they wear out. I
just dropped off my favorite Cole Haan shoes for soles and heels it was $65.
That seems steep. But, they were the most expensive and most comfortable dress
shoes I have ever had. I went ahead and had them do it.

Anyone have other suggestions for great well made dress shoes that are worth
repairing and keeping for years?  I want some Allen Edmonds, but I'm not
willing to pay $350 for them at least not yet!

Donald H. Snook