Rick Knoble wrote:
Discount Tires has Michelin Destiny and Kumho Solus in 14 inch. These are not adequate for your application? They work fine for me. The Michelins are a bit better.

Tire rack has a lot of tires in 185/70-14 and 195/70-14, but only five in 205/70-14. All the tires they sell in those sizes are Q (snow), S and T speed rated. I was rather surprised they had nothing in H rating. Altimax RT in 98T - extra load rating are probably a good all around choice for $71 plus shipping for 205/70 tires.

However, stepping up to late W126 wheels and 205/65-15 tires finds 55 models available, at prices starting at $63 for Fuzion H rated touring tires.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?customSizeSearch=&width=205%2F&ratio=65&diameter=15