How about wristwatches for quality items?
Richarde used to have a watch email list at mbz.org - that was a fun time.
I grew to like the european stuff, primarily mechanical movements
mostly vintage.
How about this wristwatch for nice german mechanical craftmanship - EZM-1:
http://members.chello.nl/~h.mennink/watches/_private/SinnEZM1.htm
http://www.broadarrow.net/ezm1.htm

The swiss, of course, are the movement makers of renown, although,
there are good russian and chinese mechanical movements also.
I like this vintage french aviator wristwatch:
http://www.qahill.com/tz/type20/type20.html
The Type 20/21 chronograph movement is true flyback - retour en vol.
It requires one press to reset and restart the timing of the aviation
leg.  Not many watches have that.  The panel clock by Mathey-Tissot
Type 12 is also true flyback.

Ok - that is a beginning.
I bet we can drag this out like the shoes or bread thread.
Begin the fun.
mao