On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 20:39:27 -0600 Fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Rick Knoble wrote:
> >
> > I was asking if you are sure you want to raise the size limit
> > on attachments. Yourself, perhaps Mitch, and I think someone
> > else (Jim C.?) have limited speeds on their Internet
> > connection. I have pretty fast DSL, so I don't care so much
> > about email attachment size.
>
> Ah!  I understand now.  *grin*  That's part of why I picked
> 200k.  Bigger than tiny, but still small enough even I won't
> complain.

Well, the discussion a few years ago that imposed the limit was because
the attachments were downloaded automatically, every time.

Nowadays, there is a link in the email and you can download it if you
want. If you don't want, it doesn't have to be downloaded.

So having a finite limit does make sense (Kaleb would be inconvenienced
if someone sent a 95 megabyte file, like I used to be able to at the Lab),
but it certainly does need to be more thank 40 kB.

Kaleb, Philip's 200 kB limit makes a lot of sense. Can you change the
limit from 40 kB to 200 kB?

Thanks,

Craig