I had to do one brake rod mount when I rebuilt my whole suspension, but it was more of a "clunk" than a squeak. I was thinking that could be his problem, perhaps before it wears out completely it squeaks. The part is pretty cheap and easy to replace.

Are you sure your suspension is not being taxed too heavily?

--R

Gary Thompson wrote:

I completely rebuilt the front end of my 1984 300D. Replaced all ball
joints, tie rods, bushings, etc. Still squeeked over large speed bumps.
Turned out to be the brake rod mount on one side. Didn't see that listed,
and it's often overlooked when doing a front end rebuild...

Gary Thompson
1995 E320