Well said Mr. Mann.

http://www.usrepeals.org/ca/mtbpers/hoplophobia.html

I'll join in this thread simply because my family came to this country in
1731, fought the war of independence, and were part of the group that
ratified the Constitution. A member of my family has defended this Country
in every conflict to date, so I feel I do have skin in this game.

There is a specific condition for those who express unfounded and excessive
fear of guns in particular. *Hoplopobia* , For anyone so afflicted, it
might be worth the effort for them to look up the proper, full meaning and
explanation of the term Hoplopobia. I respectfully suggest they do so.

It is my considered opinion that the present flailing emotions displayed by
Hoplopobiac persons which entirely focuses on "guns are bad because I am
scared of what I would do with one" unfortunately fails terribly because it
fails to address the true issues behind the improper use of a self defense
weapon.

We have now heard days of broadcasting by panic consumed people who get
public exposure and NOT ONCE have the real issues which need to be
addressed been spoken about.

While the crazy madman killed people, approximately 270,000,000 citizens in
America who own guns did nothing illegal with them. They lived the entire
day without doing harm to anyone, and have continued to do so.

I'm one of those citizens and I'm deeply insulted by the Hoploplobiac who
intends to impart their own untreated condition upon me. The 2nd Amendment
is not about guns.. it is about the God Given Right to self defense by any
means. It exists because our forefathers had the experience and wisdom to
understand that God Given Right existed and that it was responsible of them
to preserve it against ALL who would infringe that Right.

For those Hoploplobics who take the time to consult Websters, please feel
free to also consult the meaning of "infringe", "treason" and "sedition".

Now, I leave you to go watch a hollywood movie that displays for over 2 hrs
the wanton murder of people by unemotional and improper use of firearms,
for entertainment purposes, of course. Later I'll try to find and watch the
same hollywood stars display their Hoploplobia, on camera, for the new
media.. yet again.

Respectfully,

Grant...

-Compassion Challenged by Political Correct-