you made it dead.

This is not just glass.  it has an integrated touch web in it that hooks to the
computer part.  Like the touch pad of a laptop.  As long as you can still
operate the tablet, keep using it.  I changed out cracked screens of ipod touch
this past month.  tricky task and I ended up breaking one video screen in the
process.

If you want a new screen, you will be better off with another cheap tablet and
putting a screen protector and case on it.  The busted one can be spare parts.

clay