I read the article in depth. I know and understand the chemistry from
Diesel combustion.
One underlying issue immediately comes to mind after thinking the points of
both through to a logical conclusion.

We have reached the point where many very learned people can identify
threats to human health however, in each case fail to identify the root
cause of all these threats.

The root cause is death by city. Man as an organism is not and has not
evolved to live in close proximity to others in tightly packed groups. To
do so causes the rapid spread of disease, complications, and stress, both
to the physical and emotional components of the organism. It is, however,
inconvenient to mention that death by city even exists, much less attend to
it's root cause.

Much more convenient to ferret out a multitude of other things to blame,
thus relieving said learned individuals of the implied responsibility of
having mankind called to task for continuing bad decisions which harm
themselves and others .

Grant...
Driving away in his Diesel car with a rifle hanging in the back window to
go get a double 32 oz. drink and a triple burger with deep fat fried fries
on the way to a save the whales meeting.