Tarek and I were able to work out a deal this week, so I flew up to Raleigh
yesterday and drove the S500 home.  Tarek's father was gracious enough to pick
me up at the airport and follow me to the NC DMV so I could get a temp plate
before I started south.  Trip was uneventful and I was resting in bed by 10:30
that evening.

It got the full Mercedes Martha Stewart treatment today, which will continue
tomorrow after I am finished with a maintenance outage at work on Sunday
morning when we have to take an EVA down to replace some controllers. New
windshield and probably a set of tires coming this week.  A few minor things
I'll address, but everything is working (at least as far as I can tell! - this
is a far more complex car than any other MB I've owned!) and any repairs it
might need are minor.

In anticipation I have been trolling some of the MB forums and looking over 140
related subject matter.

Is there an online service manual like there is of the W124s?  I could sure use
some service literature for my benefit, but I'm not finding much.  I need to
replace some lamps in the ACC panels and troubleshoot a vacuum door close
assist actuator in the driver's door, so it would be nice to  be able to see
the procedures before tearing in to things.

Anybody want an analog phone?  This car has the factory cell phone, but it's
pretty much dead weight these days.  I would like to have the storage space
back for the controller, which is in the storage area above the center ACC
vents. I'm also curious as to how the inside of the console is configured of
you didn't have the phone - right now the handset takes up about a third of the
space next to the cup holders.

I'm also struggling over the Becker 1492.  While the sound system is fine for
me, I really want an aux input for my iPod.  Not sure I want to do a swap with
Ed or go aftermarket.  I'm concerned about the aesthetics if I went
aftermarket, and I am a purist who likes to keep things bone stock.  This is
going to be a difficult decision.

If anyone has any guidance on W140 web sites or resources, I'm all ears.

It's good to be back.  Just don't tell my Focus - I will miss filling up once a
week for under $40.

Dan