On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:29 AM, Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:

> They were throwing away at work, and this still boggles me,
> an IXIA 1600 with 8 cards in it (four of them gigabit) rather

1600T or an original 1600?  If the latter you were lucky to get freight. :)

That's pretty specialized, if you need one you usually have one available,
and generally the purchasers want support and the ability to add new cards.
 1G isn't exactly bleeding-edge. (That said, at Cisco we were using VLAN'd
1G links to test core routers, but that was when Juniper was just starting
to eat their 10G lunch.) If you were able to list it forever you might find
someone to pay more to get some of the cards, but then you never know.

I thought about buying some old Ixia equipment - it was cheap on ebay even
5-7 years ago - but honestly it would have turned into rusty junk in my
basement.

Best,
-Tim