I hope I'da been trying to keep 'im from flying.
As you probably read in some of the commentary, several had refused to fly with 'im. That tells a LOT. Physics works/rules EVERY time. Beyond a certain point, obviously, easily reached, especially while low and slow in big, 400 thou pound (well, 300 thou at that time, maybe) or so airplane, the best co-pilot in the world wasn't gonna save 'im.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Top low pass flybys

Rich Thomas wrote:
The NASA pilots liked to do that kind of stuff for "research" purposes too, with bigger airplanes.

After reading the whole wiki article, it looks like Holland was too good for the rules to apply to him, and if you disagreed you were just being a pussy.

Wilton, if you were McGeehan, would you insist on copiloting all of Holland's flights, or would you insist that Holland never captain a bomber in your squadron again?

Mitch.