I like AAA to tow it wherever I want it - the 91 SDL 20 miles to stealership 17 years ago when timing chain broke, the 81 300D 50 miles home when fan belt broke; the 87 124 coupla miles home when key (master switch) would not turn.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Dillon" <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:36 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] MBUSA Roadside Assistance

My beef with the subject is that they offer limited assistance (new battery, change tire, gallon of fuel) or a tow, but the tow is to the dealership. Won't tow to your house, or shop of choice, only the dealership.

My insurance company offers towing and the first ten or twenty miles are covered, tow to any location (my house, favorite shop, friends place, wherever). I've used it several times, usually have the car towed home so I can fix at my leisure.

--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC