Dan Penoff wrote:
The fleece filter is not an issue for an M103 engine that I am aware of. I use
Mann or Hengst, whatever the Q supplies.

Maybe it's me, but I have a real mental block about going 10k on an oil change.
I've had the "every 3k" drilled into my brain from my diesel days, so maybe
that's where it's coming from.

Back in the 1980s, I knew a Mobil sales rep. He told me that if I used Mobil One (back when it was 100% PAO based) I should add a quart when needed and then change when it needed a 2nd quart. My Saab used virtually no oil in 10,000 miles, so I changed at 10k because I couldn't stand to go farther. Oil still looked somewhat clear then.

Mitch.