Not hidden files, thought of that and un-hid them, they only account for a
few percent of the hard drive space in use.

-Max

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Scott
Ritchey
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 3:12 PM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT infected computer?

Avira (pay version but free one avail too) and Spybot.  I also use System
Mechanic for general maintenance.

Avira has a feature where you can burn an image to CD (or usb stick) and
boot a a Linux version of Avira from the CD (or usb) to scan the PC.  This
bypasses any mayware that might be on your hard drive.

Syatem Mechanic deletes junk files routinely as part of the auto scan.

Could your problem be hidden Windows files?  Is your Explorer set to display
hidden files?

Scott