I had to look it up.  It's the scientific name for family
commonly known as "deer".

My wagon encountered one crossing the road the other evening.  3
point buck.  The good parts are now in the freezer.

But the car is still waiting for attention.  There is a very
slight dimple in the drivers door.   The hood is rumpled, the
portside fender crushed, and the portside headlight area
smashed. It appears the subframe where the suspension mounts is
undamaged.  The grill is okay!  The SLS tank and oil cooler are
damaged.

I have parts cars - but I have not dealt with sheet metal work
this deep on a W123.

Is the radiator support a replaceable part?  Or is it part of
the subframe?  Is welding on the subframe okay?

The car runs - I drove it onto the trailer for the trip home.
But the engine is tired, so I'm trying to determine if I should
rebuild or retire it.   ("retire", meaning "remove from active
service", not "buy new tires")

--    Philip, too busy right now to do more than plan